Wang Laboratories, Inc. has completed its purchase of Walsh, Greenwood Information Systems, Inc., a.k.a. "Shark," for $20 million cash, $8 million in deferred payments, plus incentives (MTR, November 1985). While the deal does give the computer and office systems company a foothold in the quotations business, it remains to be seen whether and how Wang can pry Shark out of its boutique niche among arbitrageurs and transform it into a mainstream product for the brokerage industry.
"We intend to
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank