Dean Witter Reynolds Inc.'s ambitious plans to develop a 380-branch, 10,000-position retail brokerage system in-house have made their last trip to the drawing board. The firm will now seek an outside-vendor solution to its brokers' information needs and port its proprietary applications to that vendor's platform, sources say.
Dean Witter was the last of several major wirehouses that attempted -- sometimes successfully, sometimes not -- to build their own retail brokerage information systems r
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit