Like a powder-blue package from Tiffany, the General Accounting Office's long-awaited report on access to brokers' services in the U.S. government securities market appeared just before the holidays. On the question of broadening access to inside broker price data, its recommendation is no recommendation -- just a gentle nudge in the direction of wider access and a vow to return in two years to look at the situation again.
"We favor expanded information access," says the GAO. "The principal i
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II