The acquisition of E.F. Hutton and Co., Inc. by Shearson Lehman Bros., Inc. may bring to an abrupt end the securities industry's boldest experiment in do-it-yourself market data systems. Hutton's long-planned branch automation system is under evaluation by Shearson technocrats, who must decide whether to roll it out or substitute Automatic Data Processing, Inc.'s system (MTR, August 1987). ADP was about to lose -- but now may reclaim -- Hutton's 300+ branch offices.
Hutton installed its first
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming