A highly fragmented market for liquidity has taken hold in US equities and foreign exchange (FX) trading following the breakup of the major exchange operators' liquidity duopoly after passage of National Market System (Reg NMS) rules in 2005.
New venues offering liquidity, whether ECNs or internal dark pools, may well now be reaching critical mass, and more choice would always seem better for competition. Yet panelists at this year's Buy-Side Technology North America summit say that liquidity
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground