MTS Markets International announced liquidity-provisioned trades by buy-side institutions through its enhanced application program interface (API) on MTS Bonds.com have begun taking place.
The first API-based trade coming from a buy-side generated price took place on the platform last month, as a reduction in dealer inventory has seen larger asset managers move into market making for corporate bonds.
"Seamless price making and processing by the buy-side has now become an important part of this environment, and innovations such as our API launch reflect the importance of rapidly responding to marketplace demands," said Mark Monahan, CEO of MTS Markets International, in a statement. "We are delighted that key fixed income asset managers have already taken advantage of this opportunity, and we expect more to follow in the upcoming weeks."
MTS bought Bonds.com in March of this year, adding odd-lots trading to its established platform for larger blocks.
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit