Seattle-based asset and wealth manager Smead Capital Management has selected the Global Wealth Platform from SS&C Technologies to increase the automation of its operational infrastructure.
Smead Capital has implemented the platform across its institutional and wealth management operations, seeking to optimize automation, reduce internal risk and improve compliance. The web-based platform provides electronic order routing via FIX, as well as reducing manual monitoring and management of custodial data feeds.
"With this deployment we are running the core operational processes, accessible by all of our staff and managing $2.2 billion in assets," said Lisa Martin, chief operating officer and chief financial officer at Smead Capital, in a statement. "The speed, scale and flexibility of this deployment proved that SS&C was the right choice to support strategic growth plans and improve operational efficiency."
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit