Speaking at messaging provider Swift's Standards Forum event in Canary Wharf, London, Commissioner Scott O'Malia gave a blunt assessment of the regulator's capabilities when it comes to even understanding the information it receives from market participants.
"Over a year has passed since swap data reporting began in the US," he said. "Yet, the CFTC still cannot crunch the data in swap data repositories (SDRs) to identify and measure risk exposures in the market. Lack of automation, inconsistent
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech