Industry veteran takes board post.
Lidquidnet Europe has announced the appointment of Patrick Young as a non-executive director.
Young joins Adrian Fitzpatrick, Seth Merrin, John Barker and Simon Ormrod on the company's board. He will assist with strategic counsel for Liquidnet's expansion in Europe, as well as the extension of its global exchange partnership program.
Currently the chairman of DV Advisors, Young most recently served as the CEO of SIBEX. Along with authoring several books on the financial markets, he has also served in an advisory capacity with several exchanges, including the New York Stock Exchange, Deutsche Börse and the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
"Over the years I have watched with interest as Liquidnet has successfully created new opportunities for institutional investors and other capital market participants despite economic conditions and a changing equity market structure," says Young. "I am absolutely delighted to become part of the Liquidnet team as they continue to deliver cutting edge institutional trading solutions and evolve the markets."
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling