Brokers have enhanced access to OTC commodities clearing on Singapore Exchange.
SGX AsiaClear, the over-the-counter (OTC) commodities clearing division of Singapore Exchange (SGX), has enhanced access to its clearing process with the linking of OTC broking systems to its OTC trade registration system. The link flows trades matched in an interdealer broker's OTC broking system straight to SGX's trade registration system.
Third-party providers of OTC broking systems that have established straight-through connectivity to SGX include Mercari, Tradex and Trayport. Other system providers in the process of establishing connectivity in the coming weeks include Baltex and Cleartrade.
"This straight-through clearing link will further widen SGX's distribution network and offer traders and brokers more choices in the way they connect to our clearing service," says Julie Heng, head of commodities at SGX.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech