The partnership with MarketPsych will augment Thomson Reuters' existing news analytics with processing backed by behavioral economics.
Market data provider Thomson Reuters has announced a new partnership with behavorial economics consultancy MarketPysch, based in Los Angeles, Calif., to create a series of indexes measuring emotional sentiment for news and social media sources to augment its machine-readable offerings for trading firms.
Sentiment analysis is useful for high-frequency trading (HFT) techniques and quantitative modeling, as well as caching for investment research assessing market cycles, and can be directed toward information affecting a company or single name stock, broader asset classes like commodities, or execution of regional and global macro strategies,
Read more here on the partnership and indexes from Faye Kilburn at Inside Market Data.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground