RTS Realtime Systems Group, a Frankfurt-based trading solutions provider, has established a Shanghai office and has initiated plans to move its data center to the Hong Kong Exchange (HKEx) co-location facility by year's end.
The firm will develop low latency gateways to capitalize on HKEx's new Orion initiatives and connect to its equities and derivatives platform.
"We continue to believe that greater China presents a significant strategic growth opportunity for RTS and that our broad offering of hosting, risk management, trading and connectivity solutions can play an important role in fostering the growth of locally based brokerages and trading firms," says CEO Steffen Gemuenden. "To that end, we've made additional key investments recently in our technology, infrastructure and human resources in Mainland China and Hong Kong."
There has been demand from Chinese and Hong Kong brokers for global connectivity, direct market access (DMA) and algorithmic trading solutions, according to the CEO.
The firm opened a data center in Shanghai last year.
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership