The Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) has partnered with Cinnober for the development of its multi-asset clearing technology platform.
The JSE will leverage Cinnober TRADExpress RealTime Clearing system to replace its current suite of clearing technologies across different asset classes. Cinnober's multi-asset platform will therefore help in the harmonization of the exchange clearing and settlement system, while providing real-time and cross-asset clearing capacity.
"Modern clearing requirements and the evolving regulatory landscape result in significant technology demands for exchanges worldwide," says the JSE's CIO, Riaan van Wamelen. "The project we are embarking on seeks to process all asset classes from all markets on a single integrated solution and will enable our strategy for growth. We are excited to partner with Cinnober in order to prepare for the future."
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership