JPMorgan Chase has announced a $48 million investment in its Technology and Operations Center, located in Bournemouth, UK.
The center, on the UK's south coast in the county of Dorset, employs 4,000 people. The funds will be used to improve the center's infrastructure and employee facilities, and follows a previous $18 million infrastructural upgrade investment in 2011. The bank has had offices in the town for 28 years, and is a major employer not just in the Poole-Bournemouth urban area, but in the county as a whole.
"Bournemouth offers access to high-quality talent and to facilities that can support our business, not just in London, but around the world," says Jamie Dimon, chairman and CEO at JPMorgan Chase. "We are proud to be an active member of the Bournemouth community and to be the largest private-sector employer in Dorset."
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership