Financial services consultancy firm EY has announced it will collaborate with Paxos, a fintech focused on blockchain solutions, for the rollout of a blockchain settlement service that looks to offer instant settlement and delivery versus payment (DvP) for the gold market.
EY will provide Paxos services and consulting support and work with gold market participants to help with industry-wide implementation of the new service, which will sit on Bankchain, Paxos' blockchain settlement platform.
"Gold market participants are showing interest in exploring how innovation can deliver tangible benefits. We see solutions such as Paxos' Bankchain as being very relevant and timely," said David Williams, partner for capital markets innovation at EY, in a statement.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech