Nasdaq Nordic has appointed x-clear as a third central counterparty (CCP) for its cash equity markets, including exchange-traded funds (ETFs). The settlement will take place in the home market of the securities.
The collaboration with Nasdaq Nordic is currently awaiting regulatory approval and other operational arrangements and is scheduled to start on February 20 this year.
Valerio Roncone, head markets and clients at SIX Securities Services, said in a statement that this will help clients extend their clearing consolidation and optimize their post-trade processing.
SIX Securities Services has introduced a new clearing service that allows members to have one net settlement for all trades across all platforms cleared by SIX x-clear.
According to the firm, clearing members of SIX x-clear can use the clearing services seamlessly by switching the trade flow to clear through SIX x-clear.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech