On Tuesday, Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) chairman Timothy Massad announced he would step down from his post later this month. On Wednesday, President-Elect Donald Trump announced that he would appoint attorney Jay Clayton to head the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Even though we're still 15 days away from Inauguration Day, the regulatory pieces are starting to take shape.
Reading the tea leaves, it appears that we're about to head into a period of—if not deregulation—th
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders