First announced in late 2006, FAS 157 won't fully impact buy-side and hedge fund managers until their 2008 fiscal year ends, but some implications are already clear - and preparations had best be well underway. Just how onerous the new rule proves will depend largely on how well-developed individual managers' current valuation processes are.
Compliance with the rule will require managers to ensure (or adopt) adequate internal valuation policies and procedures, back-office accou
IBM’s Kathryn Guarini and Bob Sutor look at how banks are currently experimenting with quantum computers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 132: Thasos Group’s CEO Talks Alternative Data
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 133: IBM on Quantum Computing
- Down to the Desk: OMGI Transforms Data Management Strategy
- SI Rules Switch from Optional to Mandatory Sept. 1
- BBOD, GMEX Launch Hybrid Cryptocurrency Derivatives Platform