Estimates suggest that the global balance of securities on loan far exceeds $3 trillion. Traditionally a manual process between borrowers and lenders, the latest technology allows lenders to put their securities onto a web-based auction platform and invite bids from potential borrowers. The model competes not only with manual processing but also with some existing platforms, which offer users electronic communication and execution to complete the lending process.
The concept of auctioning exc
IBM’s Kathryn Guarini and Bob Sutor look at how banks are currently experimenting with quantum computers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 132: Thasos Group’s CEO Talks Alternative Data
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 133: IBM on Quantum Computing
- Down to the Desk: OMGI Transforms Data Management Strategy
- SI Rules Switch from Optional to Mandatory Sept. 1
- BBOD, GMEX Launch Hybrid Cryptocurrency Derivatives Platform