London--The announcement last month by Barclays Global Investors and Merrill Lynch Mercury Asset Management of their intention to build an equity crossing network for UK and European equities heralds the arrival of a low-cost, low-impact transaction mechanism exclusively for buy-side firms.
The two investment management firms have each earmarked £5 million to build the new network, dubbed E-Crossnet. The new service is slated to go live in the first quarter of 2000.
E-Crossnet won't be the fir
IBM’s Kathryn Guarini and Bob Sutor look at how banks are currently experimenting with quantum computers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 132: Thasos Group’s CEO Talks Alternative Data
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 133: IBM on Quantum Computing
- SST Awards 2018 Winner's Interview – Broadridge Financial Solutions
- BBOD, GMEX Launch Hybrid Cryptocurrency Derivatives Platform
- SI Rules Switch from Optional to Mandatory Sept. 1