REUTERS' Instinet Corp. and Investment Technology Group Inc.'s Posit, along with other electronic trading systems, won a victory with the passage of the Securities and Exchange Commission's rule 17A-23, officially regulating the systems as the broker/dealers they have long claimed to be. Proposed last February and adopted in December, the new rule, which was strongly opposed by the New York Stock Exchange and the National Association of Securities Dealers, is due to become effective June 1.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground