In December, Fidelity Management & Research transferred the year-old Fidelity Technologies group to its venture capital arm, Fidelity Capital. To some extent, the shift indicates a greater autonomy for the software marketing group, in that the group will seek external sources of funding, including investments from other venture capitalists.
But Peter Mawn, senior vice president for business development with the Technologies Group, says this will not interfere with the unit's operations.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit