Calypso Technology is to provide the French and Spanish central banks, Banque de France and Banco de España, with its capital markets operations system.
The two central banks will replace their treasury and trading legacy systems with Calypso solution and will benefit from the vendor's cross asset end-to-end functionality on a single platform. The system will help manage their foreign-exchange (FX) activities, portfolio management, reserve management, collateral management, risk management and accounting.
"We look forward to enabling Banque de France and Banco de España to achieve their business objectives and furthering Calypso's position as a trusted partner to central banks and sovereign institutions around the globe," says Charles Marston, Chairman and CEO at Calypso. "We expect that other central banks both within the Eurozone and worldwide will closely monitor this endeavor."
Calypso has already been rolled out to support other central-bank or sovereign-institution customers, including the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and the Bank of Korea.
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership