Victor Anderson interviews Peter Moss, the recently appointed chief executive of SmartStream's Reference Data Utility, about SmartStream's role in the RDU and how capital markets firms might benefit by participating in and utilizing the project.
SmartStream's RDU is not a new project by any means, but it is making waves across the capital markets in terms of offering buy-side and sell-side firms with a viable alternative to managing large volumes of reference data in-house, while also helping them to reduce costs by way of technology and head count.
Issues covered in this interview include:
- The 'utilitization' of the industry and why so many firms are showing interest in utilities
- The premise behind the establishment of the RDU and what it seeks to achieve
- How capital markets participants can benefit by their involvement in the RDU
- The types of capital markets firms that stand to benefit through the use of the RDU
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech