Shenzhen-based China Merchants Securities has announced that it will be offering algorithmic strategies to its retail investor clients, with plans to extend it to buy-side institutional clients later.
The firm will offer up to eight basic algorithmic strategies at first, such as volume-weighted average price (VWAP), along with bespoke efforts for equities and equity derivatives. The company is using Progress Apama's capital markets platform to facilitate the trading.
"Algorithmic trading in China has been growing but few brokerage firms can offer clients a customizable, scalable and robust algorithmic trading platform with ultra-low latency," says GuangYan We, general manager of the individual investor department at China Merchant Securities. "To provide these value-added services to our customers and grow our retail business, we decided to build our algorithmic trading platform on top of the Progress Apama Platform. Our first goal is to expand our presence in retail markets followed by our institutional buy-side clients."
- Benefits, Limitations Abound for ‘as-a-Service' Platforms When it Comes to Risk
- Bloomberg Integrates Magenta Line Pre-Trade Pricing into Professional Terminal
- Markit Adds JPMorgan Integration Software for Syndicated Loans
- SR Labs Adds New Global Feed Handlers
- European Commission Confirms One Year MiFID II Delay