As markets for trading stock in privately-held companies become more prevalent and exchange-like, and potentially attract more investors, Max questions what impact this will have on fully-fledged exchanges and their offerings.
Sources say initiative is designed to fend off higher fees and disintermediation in case established multi-dealer platforms start trading CLOs.
Here are all 30 category winners from this year's virtual Sell-Side Technology Awards.
Private stocks are opaque, illiquid, behave differently from public markets, and lack the same infrastructure as public marketplaces, creating back-office integration challenges for firms that want to trade these stocks in a more liquid manner. But as interest grows, that’s starting to change.
On this episode of the Wavelength Podcast, Wei-Shen and Tony discuss their backup data habits.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2021: All the Winners
- Not all digital securities were created equal
- Citi, other banks set to ink ‘Octopus’ deal for new multi-bank CLO platform
- Witad Awards 2021: EDM professional of the year (newcomer)—Saori Fotenos, IHS Markit
- A kick in the privates: In-demand unlisted stock trading faces tech, transparency challenges