Concurrent with—yet seemingly in conflict with—KYC initiatives is the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, which will upend how banks treat customer data, and will levy steep fines against those who fail to comply or suffer data breaches. Alina Haritonova examines the impact of the new rule, which could cost the largest banks “hundreds of millions” to implement.
Many data management initiatives are inspired by efficiency and best practices, but only become reality after regulatory involvement.
The raft of upcoming regulations has the industry focused on compliance. But to demonstrate compliance, you first need visibility and good data management.
Adam Sussman joins Anthony Malakian to talk about Liquidnet's acquisition of OTAS, machine learning and AI, and what the buy side wants from analytics platforms.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- CFTC Sets Up Lab to Connect with Fintech Firms
- Waters Rankings 2017 ─ Voting Now Open
- UPDATE: Liquidnet Acquires OTAS Technologies
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 70: A Look at Liquidnet's Acquisition of OTAS
- Euronext Continues Diversification Drive into Foreign Exchange with FastMatch Acquisition