Market surveillance, thanks to recent regulatory measures, is a critical aspect of operations for all financial services firms. Bodies such as the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) are pushing for this to be performed as quickly as possible, which requires the use of more advanced technology, as b-next and StreamBase discovered with their latest release. By James Rundle.
"The world of data analysis technology is changing, we think," says Mark Palmer, CEO at StreamBase Systems. "The technology used to be designed to take a lot of information, store it into a database, index it and let you query that information to see what happened yesterday, or last week, or last month. It's what spawned great companies like Oracle, IBM and Sybase, all of whom centered their businesses...
- Dancing in the Dark: Fraud Shapes Dark Pools
- The Waters Weekly Wrap: April 30 - May 6
- Electronifie Seeks to Double Enabled Traders, Triple Active Users By Year End
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System — Cloud9 Technologies
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Implementation at a Sell-Side Firm — AxiomSL