Contentious regulation in Europe and the US will soon require standardized swaps to be cleared through central counterparties, and executed on designated platforms such as organized trading facilities (OTFs) and swap execution facilities (SEFs). With this development, the industry is facing a stark choice about its technological strategy and questioning the wisdom of forcing these instruments to be traded in an on-exchange environment. By James Rundle.
The Markets in Financial Instrument Directi
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- Former NLX Chief Takes Interim CEO Job at UK Fintech Body
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Mifid Gears Grind into Motion as Systematic Internalizers Emerge
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?