With Basel III requiring banks to hold onto more capital, those institutions are as strapped as ever. The buy side, on the other hand, is sitting on pools of cash. Broker Newedge and European bond trading platform MTS saw last April that the two could help each other.
Together they created the Agency Cash Management (ACM) electronic auction platform for the tri-party repo market. It launched in late January and has been doing deals since.
"The tri-party providers in the past mainly provided bank
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Former NLX Chief Takes Interim CEO Job at UK Fintech Body
- Mifid Gears Grind into Motion as Systematic Internalizers Emerge
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?