Industry participants discuss the capacity necessary to accommodate black swan spikes, and testing for such spikes in a lab.
Black swan events are every capacity manager's nightmare. You can build out your system to accommodate maximum data usage, and for 299 straight days that system will work perfectly. Then comes that damned black swan, in the form of a sudden spike in usage, and the system gets overwhelmed. At a panel on capacity at the North American Trading Architecture Summit in New York last week, part of the discussion...
- The Need for Speed: Being the Fastest Will Always be Sought After
- Chain Locks in Sohtz as CMO
- MDW Special: Highlighting the Best Innovation Cities
- Anadolubank Picks AxiomSL for Netherlands Reporting
- Moving on Up: BNP Paribas Securities Services' Gallagher Talks Growth Goals, New Regulatory Positioning