Henry Jiang, the Oppenheimer's chief information security officer, could see the writing on the wall. Seventy percent of Oppenheimer's network traffic is now internet-based, he told a gathering at this week's OpRisk North America conference, and dealing with the bandwidth and infrastructure required to handle that load internally across 28 offices is, in a word, expensive.
Moving to the cloud was the answer, but it created a different problem.
"It was interesting to us how little of our network
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- The Investment Blockchain of Record
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Mifid Gears Grind into Motion as Systematic Internalizers Emerge
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?