Hedge funds the world over are feeling the heat. This includes the 140-odd funds that constitute the South African hedge fund industry, which, according to Peter Armitage, head of alternative investments at Investec Private Clients in Johannesburg, collectively manage in the region of R20 billion (about $2 billion), spread among 25 managers. "That's a pretty small market in terms of assets under management, and of that R20 billion, two funds account for R6 billion [roughly a third of the entire
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- The Investment Blockchain of Record
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Mifid Gears Grind into Motion as Systematic Internalizers Emerge
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?