TowerGroup managing director Rob Hegarty estimates that IT spending on the sell side will decline by 14-16% from 2008 to 2009, but he expects buy-side IT spending to decline by only 3-4% in the same time period.
"The decline is much less sharp than that on the sell side because the buy side hasn't had the large-scale casualties of the sell side," says Hegarty. "Also the buy side continues to invest selectively in areas that were once handled by the sell side."
He adds that despite the market v
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Former NLX Chief Takes Interim CEO Job at UK Fintech Body
- Mifid Gears Grind into Motion as Systematic Internalizers Emerge
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?