The guidelines will facilitate the adoption of FIX standards for equity post-trade processing.
FIX Protocol Limited, the global industry standards organization for the electronic trading community, has released new guidelines for global post-trade processing.
The new guidelines are an attempt to enhance the global equity post-trade process between the buy side and sell side, with adoption supposedly in line to enhance availability, straight-through-processing, risk management, transparency and costs.
"The adoption of these guidelines carries with it the promise of a significant step towards achieving a higher degree of straight-through-processing for equity trades," says Brian Lees, co-chair of the FIX Protocol Execution Venue Subgroup of The Capital Group Companies. "The transparency made available by improved traceability from trade execution through to pre-settlement offers exciting possibilities for reducing errors and improving trade matching rates while minimising costs by leveraging existing investments in FIX infrastructure."
- AFTAs 2016: Best Middle-Office Initiative: Data Management, Reconciliation and Clearing—Indus Valley Partners
- Markit's Rayfield Moves to Asset Control
- Co-Sourcing v. Outsourcing: A Look at Rotation Capital's ‘DataHub' with Financial Fabric
- SimCorp Reshuffles European Operations
- FactSet Launches FinTech Index