Former Saxo Bank chairman takes on post at electronic market maker.
Knight Capital Group has appointed Albert C Maasland as senior managing director, head of international.
Formerly chairman of Saxo Bank, Maasland will have responsibility for the group's operational growth in the UK, continental Europe and Asia. Based in London, he will report into chairman and CEO Tom Joyce.
Prior to Saxo Bank, Maasland was the head of business development for e-commerce at Standard Chartered Bank, a managing director at Deutsche Bank and held various senior positions in foreign exchange and other areas at Chase Manhattan.
Outside of finance, Maasland has also served as the chairman and co-founder of professional ice hockey team the Belfast Giants, and as the co-founder of the Chengeta and Pamuzinda Safari Lodge.
- The Need for Speed: Being the Fastest Will Always be Sought After
- Chain Locks in Sohtz as CMO
- MDW Special: Highlighting the Best Innovation Cities
- Anadolubank Picks AxiomSL for Netherlands Reporting
- Moving on Up: BNP Paribas Securities Services' Gallagher Talks Growth Goals, New Regulatory Positioning