Société Générale Bank & Trust (SGBT), the Luxembourg-based private banking arm of Société Générale, has completed a two-year project to migrate its core banking system to a cloud-based architecture.
The project's scale included the migration of 10 million lines of code, 17000 programs and 6000 screens. The new system uses an Oracle RAC database and Cobol application servers on a virtualized Linux platform. Software provider Anubex assisted with the application preparation and migration processes.
"The migration of our mainframe system gave us the opportunity to move these mission-critical applications to the bank's private cloud," says Eric Mely, CTO at SGBT. "Our private cloud has facilitated the delivery of different environments, and was able to allocate resources to virtual machines where needed, thanks to its flexibility."
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- Former NLX Chief Takes Interim CEO Job at UK Fintech Body
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?
- UBS Backs AI over Blockchain for Wealth Management