The fixed income investment firm has hired Matthew Martines as new managing director for its municipal trading and electronic market-making units.
Martines, a 15 year veteran of fixed-income trading who was most recently at Morgan Stanley, joins Paul Sitarz and trader Josh Rosenblum among others on Brownstone's growing muni team, which works with broker-dealers and banks, funds, and registered investment advisors across a range of fixed-income and high-yield, investment grade, and distressed debt products. The team operates out of New York as well as Brownstone's newly-opened office in San Francisco.
"By bringing on Matt to enhance our services to our dealer customers, while our institutional team continues to grow, Brownstone will be able to offer an unparalleled level of service within the municipal field, and across other asset classes," says Douglas Lowey, the firm's president and CEO.
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- Former NLX Chief Takes Interim CEO Job at UK Fintech Body
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?
- UBS Backs AI over Blockchain for Wealth Management