After much whispering in the market data community (IMD, Oct. 11, 1993), Reuters late last week came clean, announcing that it had finally signed a letter of intent to buy Quotron from Citicorp. The deal gives Reuters a base from which it might now pursue the North American equities market -- a slice of the global market-data pie it has long coveted.
Though the terms of the deal were not fully disclosed, Citicorp said that it would take a $179 million writedown, primarily to cover the sell-of
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- Former NLX Chief Takes Interim CEO Job at UK Fintech Body
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Mifid Gears Grind into Motion as Systematic Internalizers Emerge
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?