Nasdaq OMX unveiled the first phase of its Global Index Family Monday, Dec. 3, comprising 4,000 US dollar-denominated indexes, which will ultimately expand to 24,000 indexes covering 9,000 securities representing more than 98 percent of the global investable equities markets, with a market capitalization of more than $32 trillion.
The indexes -- which officials say will offer traders and investors access to a broad range of global investments, while strengthening Nasdaq's real-time and historical data capabilities -- are calculated using Nasdaq's Global Index Calculator, which is based on its Inet trading platform technology, and distributed via its Global Index Data Service, with weighting, components and historical data accessible via the exchange's Global Index Watch web-based download service.
- Australian Markets Monitor Changing Data Operations
- Why Deutsche Börse is All About Regtech
- HK Startups Amareos, Oddup Build Sentiment, Research Apps for Eikon Users
- Huddlestock Crowd-Trading Platform Taps CityFalcon for Personalized Investor News
- MainstreamBPO Buys Fundadministration as Part of Expansion