Filings and company data provider Edgar Online is seeking to open up its content to a new audience of end-users and application developers, by enlisting integration software vendor Mashery to build custom APIs (application program interfaces) around its datasets, enabling developers to more easily access the data for use in third-party applications.
David Frankel, president of Edgar Online, says that part of his remit at the vendor─first as chief marketing officer when he joined the company in August 2011, and subsequently when he became president in December 2012─is to transform its data and analytics business. "It became clear to me that we had strengths around data distribution, but that it was really complicated... to get data from us....
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Infrastructure Provider to the Sell Side — CLS
- Acquisitions Reshaping Municipal Bond Pricing Services
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Sell-Side Market Surveillance Product — Nasdaq
- McKay Boosts European Futures Content on QED Wireless Data Service with Euronext Data
- Nasdaq CEO Bob Greifeld: Slow and Steady