In the current economic environment, when it comes to analytics, the buy-versus-build debate should be a no-brainer, says Martin Stevens, director of professional services and support at UK-based pricing software vendor Kalahari.
Today’s news is full of the same message—austerity, tough decisions about spending priorities, and cost cutting. In this cash-strapped environment, you would also expect scrutiny of the costs associated with analytics. But surprisingly, in-house pricing applications and the teams that develop them are under the radar when it comes to basic “build-or-buy” benefit analysis. All financial institutions...
- FXecosystem Taps Metamako Switch for Network Monitoring, MiFID 2 Compliance
- Markit Hires S&P's Dos Santos as Head of North America Biz Strategy
- Hall of Fame: CBOE's Tom Knorring, ‘The Mathematician’
- Flow Traders Enlists Corvil For Monitoring Datafeeds, Trading Systems ‘Integrity’
- Opening Cross: What Can Financial Information Learn from Formula One?