The number 13 is often considered unlucky, and with that in mind, what better way for Inside Market Data to kick off 2013 than by asking 13 data industry experts to provide their views on what might prove unlucky or unforeseen for the industry this year. Unluckily for us, not everyone responded in time, so we present a dozen views (instead of a baker’s dozen, which should reassure the superstitious among us)—11 experts, plus the opinion of IMD’s own Max Bowie—and if that’s the unluckiest we get in ’13, then perhaps we should be optimistic about the industry’s prospects for the year ahead.
IMD: What do you think will have an unlucky, unlikely or unforeseen impact on you, your company, or the market data industry as a whole during 2013? Tom Goodwin, senior research director, Russell Indexes: What is really unforeseen is being able to take part in this roundtable: I expected the world to end on Dec. 21! Seriously, in 2013 the combined trends of globalization and data technology will likely...
- Exablaze Slashes NIC Latency; Improves Compatibility, Synchronization
- Eka, GlobalView Partner for Commodities Analytics
- Chicago Stock Exchange Bought by Investor Group Led by China's Casin Group
- Almax Enlists Victory Networks, Sumo Capital for AI News Platform Testing
- ESMA Seeks Data Experts for Reporting Working Group