The concept of big data has become daunting, as the conversation around it increases in volume – just like the increased trading volume that drives firms to consider how to operate with it, manage it and process it. Michael Shashoua examines the methods and systems firms can use to work with big data in their business
Big data looms large as a financial industry buzzword, with multiple definitions of what it represents, and concerns about how to handle it and manage it. The term can encompass both the rapidly increasing volume of securities transaction data and commentary on markets and securities in the form of blogs and audio or video postings. The industry is turning to cloud computing and the open source Apache...
- Nasdaq CEO Bob Greifeld: Slow and Steady
- Hot Topics at Sifma Ops: T+2, CAT, Blockchain
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2016: Most Promising Sell-Side Start-Up — R3
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Sell-Side Compliance Product — Fenergo
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Sell-Side Analytics Product — OTAS Technologies