Panelists at the 2013 FIX Protocol Limited (FPL) EMEA Trading Conference in London yesterday said that the delays over finalized rules for Swap Execution Facilities (SEFs) in the US are leading to over development on platforms and an uncertain regional direction for technology.
Speaking during a discussion of over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives reform, several participants said that the postponement of final rules, and an unclear future regulatory structure, meant that platform providers are being forced to account for all possible outcomes. "It's incredibly difficult to decipher where the financial markets are going to end up," said Peter Best, business manager at interdealer...
- Thomson Reuters Acquires Redi, Looks to Grow Buy-Side Trading Capabilities
- LCH Partners with MillenniumIT for Real-Time Risk Management
- Accenture Announces Editable Blockchain Prototype, Internet Reacts
- 40% of Data Tacticians 'Weak' on Strategy and Execution
- Estimize Readies Factor Model, International Estimates, Indicators