The NYSE Liffe derivatives clearing platform will be leveraged to consolidate European derivatives into single clearing house.
NYSE Euronext has outlined its European clearing strategy and implementation plan, including the aggregation of its continental derivatives business with the London derivatives business in the same clearing house.
NYSE plans to leverage its NYSE Liffe derivatives clearing platform to consolidate its European derivatives into a single derivatives clearing house, thereby ending its agreement with LCH.Clearnet.
"Our clients have long asked for a consolidation of clearing arrangements and the strength of our European derivatives business allows us to deliver meaningful benefits for them in the form of capital efficiencies and savings," says Duncan Niederauer, NYSE Euronext CEO. "Formalizing these steps now and communicating them clearly to our customers will allow them to more effectively plan their capital allocation needs and will enhance their operational stability in a highly competitive and fluid environment."
- Bloomberg Clients Hit By Terminal ‘Slowness'
- BST Awards 2016 Winners' Interview: UBS Delta
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side Product for 2016—Commcise
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side Pricing/Valuation Service—Thomson Reuters