NOS Clearing ASA is a clearing house primarily for cargo freight, seafood derviatives and electricity certificates.
Nasdaq OMX Group has acquired NOS Clearing ASA, a clearing house primarily for tanker and dry cargo freight, seafood derivatives and electricity certificates.
The acquisition is subject to regulatory approval and also that of the shareholders of Imarex ASA, the owner of NOS Clearing ASA, who will hold a general assembly on May 22, 2012.
"The acquisition fits perfectly into our strategy to grow globally within the energy space, since freight is a key part of the energy supply chain," says Geir Reigstad, senior vice president, NASDAQ OMX Commodities. "In addition to that, we are entering a new product range, clearing of seafood derivatives, with a large global potential."
- Markit Hires S&P's Dos Santos as Head of North America Biz Strategy
- OpenFin Names Account Director, Europe COO
- HA&W Wealth Management Turns to BasisCode for Compliance
- BNY Mellon Launches ‘Big Data' Solution for Investor Allocations, Behavioral Insights
- Blockchain Will Be Biggest Operations Disruptor, NAFIS Attendees Say