Bursa Malaysia has gone live with the SurveillanceTM System for trade oversight from MillenniumIT, part of the London Stock Exchange Group.
Integrated on New Year's Eve, the surveillance software covers both equity and derivatives markets to support Bursa Malaysia's monitoring of trading behavior across its business. SurveillanceTM allows for the identification of trading patterns at various levels across an exchange's participant base, from brokers to individual investors, and includes market replay functionality for forensic analyses of events.
"Given the size, complexities and level of technical sophistication of markets, stock exchange regulators are constantly striving to meet one of today's most difficult challenges─that of effective supervision of a dynamic capital market," says Dato' Tajuddin Atan, CEO of Bursa Malaysia. "Effective surveillance is an essential requirement for a well-functioning capital market that emphasises investor protection and market integrity."
- Thomson Reuters: Eikon Trading Capabilities Tackle Duplicate Data Fees
- Replacing Legacy Technologies to Support Business Growth and Compliance
- ESMA Fines Fitch for Ratings Rules Breaches
- RavenPack Adds Sentiment Analysis on Alliance News as Brexit Raises Focus on UK
- Digital Contact Eyes Broker Clients for Custom News Feeds