Bursa Malaysia has gone live with the SurveillanceTM System for trade oversight from MillenniumIT, part of the London Stock Exchange Group.
Integrated on New Year's Eve, the surveillance software covers both equity and derivatives markets to support Bursa Malaysia's monitoring of trading behavior across its business. SurveillanceTM allows for the identification of trading patterns at various levels across an exchange's participant base, from brokers to individual investors, and includes market replay functionality for forensic analyses of events.
"Given the size, complexities and level of technical sophistication of markets, stock exchange regulators are constantly striving to meet one of today's most difficult challenges─that of effective supervision of a dynamic capital market," says Dato' Tajuddin Atan, CEO of Bursa Malaysia. "Effective surveillance is an essential requirement for a well-functioning capital market that emphasises investor protection and market integrity."
- The Need for Speed: Being the Fastest Will Always be Sought After
- BNY Mellon Launches ‘Big Data' Solution for Investor Allocations, Behavioral Insights
- Bloomberg Launches Entity Exchange to Help Buy Side Handle KYC, Onboarding Demands
- Anadolubank Picks AxiomSL for Netherlands Reporting
- Asia-Pacific BST Summit 2016 Keynote: Asset Management’s Journey to 2.0