As co-presidents, Jamie Forese and Manuel Medina-Mora will have immediate technology oversight as part of CEO Michael Corbat's new management structure.
In an internal memo to Citi staff, Corbat says that operations and technology (O&T) for several crucial units will report directly to the new co-presidents, both Citi veterans, to more closely tailor support functions to specific business objectives. Forese currently oversees the bank's institutional arm; Medina-Mora, meanwhile, is in charge of consumer banking as well the bank's presence in Mexico.
Both will closely consult with Citi's head of enterprise O&T, Don Callahan, who remains responsible for shared infrastructure and compliance-related matters.
"This change will better align the priorities and strengthen accountability between our client-facing businesses and their support function as we continue our efforts to become a fully digital bank and improve efficiency through the organization," Corbat says.
- Search for Liquidity Is An Ever-Changing Conundrum for the Buy Side
- BNY Mellon Launches ‘Big Data' Solution for Investor Allocations, Behavioral Insights
- OpenFin Names Account Director, Europe COO
- ITG Adds Enhancements Focused on User Experience for Posit Alert
- Nasdaq Readies First ‘Lab-Grown’ Analytics