Mobile technology, while still in its nascence in the capital markets, has enjoyed significant uptake over the past 18 months as growing numbers of firms have started to roll out apps designed specifically for tablets and smartphones. But as Victor Anderson reports, financial firms are still only scratching the surface in terms of migrating core business processes across the mobile devices.
At the end of April, Waters hosted a mobile technology webcast, sponsored by MobileIron and Good Technology. While mobile technology has already made impressive inroads into the retail banking industry, the capital markets sector by comparison has lagged behind. As with any new technology, there are early adopters, and mobile is no different in this respect with a number of buy-side and sell-side firms...
- McGraw-Hill Rebrands S&P Capital IQ, SNL as S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Almax Enlists Victory Networks, Sumo Capital for AI News Platform Testing
- Golden Copy: Desperately Seeking Standards
- Japan's Quick, VC Firms Invest $20.5 Million More in Xignite
- AlphaSense Builds Dow Jones News Into Financial Search Engine