Mobile technology, while still in its nascence in the capital markets, has enjoyed significant uptake over the past 18 months as growing numbers of firms have started to roll out apps designed specifically for tablets and smartphones. But as Victor Anderson reports, financial firms are still only scratching the surface in terms of migrating core business processes across the mobile devices.
At the end of April, Waters hosted a mobile technology webcast, sponsored by MobileIron and Good Technology. While mobile technology has already made impressive inroads into the retail banking industry, the capital markets sector by comparison has lagged behind. As with any new technology, there are early adopters, and mobile is no different in this respect with a number of buy-side and sell-side firms...
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 32: Seed CX CEO Edward Woodford, State of SEFs
- KGI Securities Taps Horizon for High-Frequency Trading Platform
- Innotribe, Innovate Finance Create Global Fintech Hubs Group
- Bloomberg Closes Acquisition of Barclays Risk Analytics and Index Solutions
- Buy-Side Diversification May Leave Front Office Floundering